To help us direct you question to the best team to provide an answer please select which option best descibes you.
WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR
We may use and share the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you and your business, including fulfilling Paysafe’s obligations to you or to financial or other institutions in connection with the Services we provide to you (and / or your business). In this context we record and track details of transactions you (and / or your customers) carry out in relation to the Services; analyze and report on your (and / or your customers’) use of any Loyalty service; facilitate the collection or redemption of any points or other rewards currency in respect of any Loyalty programme; notify you about important changes or developments to our website or our goods and services.
- To improve and develop our business, including without limitation to optimize our websites/portals, products, and services. This may include using information you insert into forms but do not submit to us, for example by using that information to optimize our website(s) and contacting you for customer services or marketing purposes in relation to that form. We can also use your personal information to develop and test new products and services including in our secure and controlled test environment, or occasionally in those of our suppliers.
- To prevent and/or detect fraud, financial crime, manage risk and to better protect ourselves, our customers, and the integrity of the financial system, it may be necessary to process and disclose sensitive or higher risk personal information (sometimes known as special category personal data) including biometric data to third parties who help us in managing such risks, including identity verification. This may include software and services we use to verify your identity/age by determining whether a selfie you take matches the photo in your ID.
- During the identification process we may use a facial recognition process to compare your selfie with your uploaded ID document. During this process biometric data is generated by creating a digital map of your face to better compare your ID photo and your selfie picture. This helps to reduce fraud and is therefore in the substantial public interest. Any biometric information generated is immediately deleted following a match. Paysafe itself does not generally store or retain biometric data because such information is generally generated using secure third-party anti-fraud systems. If your biometric information is stored, retained, or used directly by Paysafe in any way, you will be notified at the point of collection. If you want to know more about our policies and processes in respect of your biometric data, or indeed our use of any other sensitive, higher risk or special category personal data, you can reach us at the details provided in the Contact Us section.
- To prevent, detect and prosecute fraud and other crimes and abuses of the financial system, or to assist others in doing so, including non-compliance with any terms of business and which may involve the sharing of any relevant or necessary information we have collected or inferred with third parties for such purposes. Paysafe participates in anti-fraud initiatives, which involve assessing you (and/or your customers) and monitoring your transactions and/or locations, to detect patterns requiring investigations or otherwise profile and assess the likelihood of fraud occurring or non-compliance with our or other’s terms of business. We can do so utilizing products and services from third parties. Besides, if you give us false or inaccurate information about you, or we identify or suspect a fraud or a crime, we may pass your information to fraud prevention agencies and organizations and to law enforcement agencies and similar bodies, and we may decide to take legal action against you.
- Where permitted by law, we may use information related to financial well-being and other credit or risk factors to make decisions on the pricing of our Services.
- To contact you about your account, to alert you to potential problems, and to respond to your questions to us.
- To manage risks, such as credit and foreign exchange risks, as well as to prevent or mitigate information security risk.
- To send marketing messages, to provide you with the information on products and services you have requested, or we think may be of interest to you; to obtain your views on our goods, services and our website/s; in respect of marketing, market research and similar activities, we may use your personal information for such purposes whether or not you are accepted as a customer or continue to receive Services. If you no longer wish to receive marketing or promotional information from Paysafe, you can always stop it. You can find more information in the section “Your Data Protection Rights”.
- To comply with local and national laws.
- To comply with requests from law enforcement and regulatory authorities on public interest grounds or from commercial organizations with whom you have or have had dealings, to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or to protect your vital interests or those of other persons; for example, to help those authorities or other organizations in the fight against crime and terrorism; and
- To comply with card scheme rules or any terms of business.