COLLECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We collect the following information through the following means:
Information you give us: we receive and store any personal information (including financial information) you provide to us including when you (or your business) enquire for or make an application for the Services; register to use and/or use any Services; upload and/or store information with us using the Services; and when you communicate with us through email, SMS, a website or portal, or the telephone or other electronic means, e.g. in the context of contacting us about your account or transactions. Such information may reference or relate to you or your customers and includes:
- Name including first name and family name, date of birth, age, email address, billing address, username, password and/or photograph, biometric information, address, occupation, nationality and country of residence, a copy of your identification, such as your driver’s license or passport, your social security number and/or other government identification or registration data.
- Card primary account number, card expiry date, CVC/CVV details (card security code), account numbers, account balances and the length of time you have maintained those accounts, bank and/or issuer details.
- Information relating to any items purchased, including the location of the purchase, the value, the time, and any feedback that is given in relation to such purchase, including travel-related personal information when you or your customer are transacting for airline tickets or other travel related services.
- Information about your use of the Services, such as information about how frequently you transact with us, your transactions and average transaction volume, account balances, the people, and merchants to whom you send money and from whom you receive money, and, where you provide consent, information from your contact list.
- Points or rewards earned or redeemed in any Loyalty scheme.
- Photos and videos taken during Paysafe events you have registered for, for distribution to event participants and in our promotional materials for future events; and
- Any other information that you or your customer provide or is generated in the context of using the Services.
Information we collect about you automatically: Paysafe receives and stores certain information automatically whenever you interact with Paysafe, whether you open an account or undertake a transaction with us; for example, by way of “cookies” or similar technology. We also obtain certain information when your web browser accesses Services or advertisements and other content provided by or on behalf of Paysafe on other web sites, or when clicking on emails. Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors and customers who use and interact with Paysafe, where they come from, and how they use our services. We use this information for our analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our services for our visitors and customers. This information includes:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, equipment type, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system platform, frequency and length of visits, and what links you click on. For fraud and security purposes, the use of proxy IP addresses is generally forbidden when linking to Paysafe systems.
- Information about your visit or whether you opened an email, including your geolocation (this may include software and services we use to verify your address for regulatory or risk purposes by determining whether an address you indicate matches the IP address of your log-in device), the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products or services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and methods used to browse away from the site page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information collected through our applications: if you download or use mobile or desktop applications provided by Paysafe, we may receive information about your location and your device or the service you are using (including where a payment transaction takes place). Some devices allow applications to access real-time location-based information (for example GPS). Our mobile and desktop apps may collect such information from your mobile device or your computer at any time while you download or use our apps, if your device has real-time location data access enabled. Where required, we will always seek to notify you if it is our intent to collect real-time location information and, also where required by law, obtain your consent. We may use such information for regulatory purposes, our own due diligence checks, fraud, and risk management, to better understand transaction patterns and to optimize your experience.
Email and Other Communications: we may receive information about you and your use of Services when we communicate with each other, including when you open messages from us and from the use of electronic identifiers (sometimes known as “device fingerprints”), for example, Internet Protocol addresses or telephone numbers.
Information from Other Sources: we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information, including when you apply to use the Services. For example, we work closely with, and receive information from third parties such as business partners, banks and other financial institutions, merchants, subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, third-party data brokers, government lists and databases, social media sites (including postings made by or about you or us), credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. Credit reference and fraud prevention agency use is further explained below. We may also review public comments and opinions made on social networking sites (e.g., Facebook and Twitter) to better understand our customers and our provision and development of Services.
Information about other people: if you give us information about other people, you must have informed them in advance (for example, by giving them this privacy notice) and you must ensure you have the right to do so.