To help us direct you question to the best team to provide an answer please select which option best descibes you.
At the time of enrollment, merchants must provide a copy of the terms and conditions of the subscription service to the cardholder (via email, SMS/text, or other delivery method as agreed with the cardholder) even if no amount was due at the time of issue. This must include:
- Confirmation that the cardholder has agreed to a subscription, unless the cardholder cancels.
- The start date of the subscription.
- Details of the good/services.
- The ongoing transaction amount and billing frequency/date.
- A link or other simple mechanism to enable the cardholder to easily cancel any subsequent transactions online.
Merchants must also send a reminder notification (via email or SMS/text) including a link to an online cancellation policy at least 7 days before initiating a recurring transaction if:
- A trial period, introductory offer, or promotional period is about to expire.
- The nature of the recurring agreement has changed (for example, the price or billing period).